The International Festival of Wilderness Medicine presented by Exile Medics
5pm Friday 5th October- 3pm 7th October 2018
Glenny Wood, Wood Lane, Clapton in Gordano, Portishead, North Somerset, BS20 7RQ
Every year, people gather in anticipation of this announcement (they really do..), and we are really excited to at last announce that the Festival of Wilderness Medicine returns for 2018, with a new focus: Critical Care in the Wilderness. Bigger, even better and even longer than ever before, you will this year attend 6 workshops led by experienced wilderness medics. They'll be more Q&A, more workshops, more talks, more music, more food, more drink: more everything! Add to this is our signature Hog Roast (YUM!!!), west country cider, breakfasts, lunches, snacks, BYO food & drink barbecue on the Friday Night, Sunday morning breakfast and lunch and plenty of Exile specific Q&A. And that's all we can think of for now!
Tickets are now on sale, and there are only so many available...
5-7th October 2018
Have a look HERE for a report on the 2016 antics and check the gallery for pictures for the 2017 edition
Important things you WILL need to bring
1. Tent and camping stuff
2. Cup, knife, fork, plate (we won't provide these to help the environment)
3. Camp chair if you have one. Don't go and buy one especially though.
4. Pad and pen
5. Warm and waterproof clothes, including boots that can get muddy. Just like in real wilderness medicine, you'll be outside whatever the weather.
6. Food and drink for the Friday night Barbecue. We'll provide the heat, you provide your food of choice.
7. Beer/ cider for Saturday evening. We'll have a lot, but if you have a thirst, bring some of your own.
The registration desk will be open from 1700- 2030 on Friday, and 0845- 0915 on Saturday.
The site will close and be locked at 1600 on Sunday, so you'll be on the road by then.
A NOTE ON PARKING
There is limited parking at our festival site. You'll see that there is a charge for parking to cover the logistics of arranging parking, but its only one charge per car- so share! If you are late to the party, you may need to park off site and taxi to the event. Shouldn't be a problem, but just so you know.