The International Festival of Wilderness Medicine presented by Exile Medics
--Opportunities in Wilderness and Expedition Medicine--
5pm Friday 25th October- 3pm 27th October 2019
Mojo Active, Over Court Farm, Over Ln, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4DF
Every year, people gather in anticipation of this announcement to get their tickets for the International Festival of Wilderness Medicine! In 2019, the party returns with a new venue, new focus, new workshops, new speakers, new food, new drink, new music, new everything! Centering on total immersion in wilderness medicine, 2019 will bring to the fore the wide and varied career of Wilderness and Expedition Medicine, how you can get involved at every stage of your career and what expedition medicine brings to your life.
With a new and bigger site comes new workshops including paediatrics in the wild, obstetrics and gynaecology, dentistry, trauma, musculoskeletal medicine, evacuation, wilderness cave rescue, survival skills- the list goes on and is ever growing. You’ll be spoilt for choice with your personal programme of learning. Bigger, even better and even longer than ever before, this year you'll attend 5 workshops led by experienced wilderness medics who have worked in every environment on the planet. They'll be more Q&A, more workshops, more talks, more music, more food, more drink: more everything! Add to this is our signature Hog Roast, pizza, breakfasts, lunches, snacks, sunday morning breakfast and lunch and plenty of wilderness Q&A. And that's all we're going to tell you for now!
All of this- for only £120 (incl the obligatory, but annoying VAT)
Tickets are now on sale, and there are only so many available..
(Remember that the programme is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances...)
Important things you should bring
1. Tent and camping stuff
2. Cup, knife, fork, plate (we won't provide these to help the environment)
3. Camp chair if you have one. Don't go and buy one especially though.
4. Pad and pen
5. Appropriate outdoor clothes. Just like in real wilderness medicine, you'll be outside whatever the weather.
6. A torch. You’ll definitely need this.
7. Food and drink for the Friday night. We'll provide pizza, but you might be hungry!
8. Beer or cider for Saturday evening. We'll have a some, but please do bring some of your own.